The NSW Government’s Creative Industries Taskforce has released its draft Action Plan with more than 40 recommendations to drive growth, productivity and innovation in the sector over the next decade.
The taskforce was chaired by the CEO of ARIA, Dan Rosen, and comprised of representatives from the worlds of design, architecture, performing arts, film & tv, publishing, fashion and advertising.
The Taskforce’s draft Industry Action Plan recommends a range of industry and government actions to strengthen the State’s creative industries over the next ten years based around five key themes:
· Sustained NSW Government Leadership through continued engagement with the industries and recognition of the sector’s dynamism and impact;
· A dedicated Brand and Communication strategy to elevate the industries’ achievements and profile;
· Improving Investment and Business Development outcomes through better access to information, partnerships, and initiatives to drive research and innovation;
· Maximising the benefits of existing and emerging Infrastructure;
· Positioning Education and Training to attract, develop and retain talent and to align more closely with industry needs.
The plan was launched by Andrew Stoner - the Deputy Premier of NSW and Minister for Trade and Investment and Minister for Regional Infrastructure and Services.
The draft Action \plan can be found here: http://www.business.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0015/27213/creative_ind_action_plan_draft_20120309.pdf